Thursday 9 August 2012

In Between Drafts

Things are starting to pick up! Lots of bugs fixed over the last few days including the last blog post's 'ping effect', achieved about 2 am this morning after a few hours of zombie-ish stabs in the dark (I can't even work out how I fixed it now).
It all looks a lot better now, and it runs way better too with these new features:

  • Random planet mass:  clicking creates a planet of random mass, making orbits much more interesting. I'm working on a slider to allow the user to choose mass ready for the next draft.

  • Set initial velocity: Click and drag anywhere on the screen. The created planet now sets off with speed and direction depending on your drag. Next draft will make it look a lot neater by drawing an arrow while you drag.

The most up to date draft of Fizzbox Gravity Sim:




Firefox and Internet Explorer users will have to follow this link:

I'm still hoping to deliver on my 'Good things to come' promises (see Teething Problems) and I'm working on a few more cool features for the next release, which I'm hoping to release as an app on the Android Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Second year physics student at the University of Manchester, interested in simulation and education.